This article is courtesy of Steve Nelson, a fantastic mythic and cyclic Astrologer out of North Carolina. Contact me if you wish his email and I will connect you with him.
The Balsamic phase of the Moon cycle is the three days before New Moon when the waning crescent can be seen an hour or so before Sunrise. The Balsamic Moon is called the Wishing Moon because this Is a good time for putting wishes on the air.
A wish made at the Balsamic Moon is more likely to come true because Needs are felt more deeply now. The more deeply a need is felt, the More invocative energy goes into the Moon cycle and the more likely This need will be met. Fulfillment comes at Full Moon in response to What is seeded at the New. Seed intentions may be more consciously Sown when the Crescent Moon appears beginning.
People are more likely to be aware of psychic phantasms, fears, Self-doubts and disturbing emotional tides at the close of the Moon cycle. OR THE FULL MOON. The old emotional cycle is breaking down and everything that is wrong tends to come to awareness. Feeling invokes healing.
It might seem strange but the worse one feels at Balsamic Moon the Better for invoking healing and need fulfillment. . More often this Process is unconscious and rightly so as seeds grow best When planted in darkness.
The darkest time of any cycle is at the end when all its shadowy Elements come to the fore. “It’s always darkest just before dawn” Whether this refers to the beginning of a day, a new Moon, or new Zodiacal year.
The time before the first New Moon of Autumn can be especially confusing as any confusion or fears or regrets from the past are likely to come up then. The first NEW moon of Autumn is after the Autumnal Equinox on September 22, 2004 and that next new moon will be October 13, 2004 at 7:48pm in Seattle and will also Be a SOLAR ECLIPSE: Read article on solar eclipses also. IT will be at 21 Degrees of Libra.
The New moon in WINTER IS THE Darkness before the dawn or usually comes very near that Winter solstice date. Winter Solstice in December 2004 is at 11:04pm on the 21st and is the LONGEST NIGHT OF THE YEAR And the first NEW Moon of winter will be January 10, 2005 at 4:03am here in Seattle at 20 Degrees of Capricorn
The time before the Aries New Moon or spring is usually a dark period because it is the close of the old and the beginning of the new for us all. The New moon of Spring 2005 will be After the Spring Equinox, which will be March 20, 2005 at 4:33am here in Seattle. The New moon of Spring 2005 will be April 8, 2005 at 1:32pm here in Seattle and a SOLAR eclipse at 19 Degrees of Aries.
During those 2 days before the new moon, the world can seem a tangled web of problems impossible to resolve.
But it is in the nature of the Balsamic Moon phase that problems are Revealed but are not solved. Seeing the problem is easy at this time, Solution comes later. A too quick fix will be superficial and can Inhibit the flow of growing understanding. This is a good time though For bringing to awareness, highlighting, and releasing old patterns Of belief and behavior that are holding us back from easily meeting The challenges of the time. AND wait for that next Cycle to complete the energy of what you began during this phase.
The Balsamic Moon is the perfect time to stir out uncertainty and Confusion because it is the time for psychic clearing. Wishes are More readily fulfilled as the way is cleared to feeling core need.
A hot mineral bath can be healing at the dark of the Moon, a time When emotional, psychic, and physical toxins are ready to be Released. Epsom (magnesium sulfate) salt and baking soda added To the bath helps eliminate these toxins, clear perceptions, And open awareness.
Candles, incense (esp. myrrh), and flowers are part of the ritual Bath prescribed for the day before the New Moon in Hindu tradition. A candle at the foot of the bath can be an aid for clearing the mind And focusing intentions. More Balsamic Moon Cycle Info Here http://www.xploreheartlinks.com/astrology.htm#THE%20BALSAMIC%20MOON
The dark Moon is a quiet time, a time for pause before new Movement begins. Lunar energy is inaccessible at the exact time Of the New Moon as the slate of the unconscious mind is being cleared. The actual day of the New Moon is unfavorable for conscious Planting of either psychic or physical seeds. At this time Consciousness is turned within.
It is ideal to clean and put the house in order during the Dark of the Moon, then perhaps have friends in on the evening That the New Moon crescent appears. The night of the New Moon crescent Is a time for celebration in all-indigenous cultures. Cherokee women dance from the sighting until the setting Of the crescent Moon.
The lunar cycle begins when the Moon is united with the Sun. The Astronomical New Moons of 2004 are:
2006 Full and New Moons
- January 14, 2006 1:48am a FULL Moon with the sun at 24 Capricorn moon at 24 Cancer
- January 29, NEW Moon 6:15am Sun and moon at 10 Aquarius
- February 12, 8:44pm FULL Moon, sun at 24 Aquarius and the moon at 24 Leo
- February 27, 4:31pm NEW Moon Sun and moon 10 Pisces
- March 14th LUNAR ECLIPSE FULL MOON 3:35pm with the sun at 24 Pisces and the moon at 24 Virgo we begin a new eclipse pattern, see eclipse article on website
- March 29 NEW MOON SOLAR ECLIPSE 2;33am with the Sun and moon at 9 Aries
- April 13, 10:15am Full Moon sun at 24 Aries and Moon at 24 Libra
- April 27, 12:44pm New Moon with the sun and moon at 4 Taurus
- May 12, 11:51pm Full Moon with the sun at 22 Taurus and Moon 22 Scorpio
- May 26, 10:25pm NEW Moon with the sun and moon at 6 Gemini
- June 11, 11:03am Full Moon with the sun at 21 Gemini and the Moon 21 Sagittarius
- June 25, 9:05 am New Moon with the sun and moon at 4 Cancer
- July 10, 8:02pm Full Moon with the sun 19 cancer and moon 19 Capricorn
- July 24, 9:31pm New Moon with the Sun and moon at 2 Leo
- August 9, 3:54am Full Moon with the sun 17 Leo and Moon 17 Aquarius
- August 23, 12:10pm New Moon Sun and moon at 1 degree Virgo
- September 7, 11:42am Full Moon LUNAR ECLIPSE sun 15 Virgo and Moon 15 Pisces
- September 22, 4:45am New Moon SOLAR ECLIPSE sun & moon 29 Virgo
- October 6, 8:13pm Full Moon with the sun 14 Libra and moon 14 Aries
- October 21, 10:14pm New Moon sun and moon at 29 Libra
- November 5, 4:58am Full Moon with sun at 13 Scorpio and moon 13 Taurus
- November 20 2:18pm New moon sun and moon 28 Scorpio
- December 4, 4;25pm Full Moon with the sun at 13 Sagittarius moon at 13 Gemini
- December 20, 6:01am New Moon with the sun and moon 29 Sagittarius
The days of the early waxing crescent are ideal for Beginning new creative projects. Problems that seem intractable Now can then be resolved. Whatever is begun is apt to succeed.
Indigenous peoples throughout the world have recognized the power Of the waxing crescent Moon. The days just following the appearance Of the New Moon crescent are ideal for planting seeds or beginning New things. This is a good time to speak up, to let your needs be Known, and to announce intentions to the world. Farmer’s plant seeds When the waxing Moon appears. This is the best time to plant seeds On all levels.
The seed impulse released at the Spring New Moon arises from the Universal soul in response to the needs of all beings. Attention given to the soul light over the crown of the head helps Empower new possibilities taking shape then.
For each of these moons, breathe deeply and focus Awareness on core needs for self, loved ones, and the world as a Whole. And make that wish...Namaste Carol Barbeau
PS Full moons allow us to release and let go.
2005 full moons are:
- January 25th 2005 2:32am at 6 degrees of Leo
- February 23, 2005 8:54pm at 6 degrees of Virgo
- March 25 2005 12:58 pm at 5 degrees of Libra
- April 24, 2005 Full moon LUNAR eclipse at 4 Scorpio
- May 23, 2005 1:18pm at 3 degrees of Sagittarius
- June 21, 2005 9:14pm at 1 Degree of Capricorn
- July 21, 2005 4:00am at 29 Capricorn
- August 19, 2005 10:53am at 27 Aquarius
- September 17, 2005 7:01pm at 25 Pisces
- October 17, 2005 5:14am at 24 Aries November 15, 2005 4:58pm at 24 Taurus
- December 15, 2005 8:16am at 24 Gemini
Please use these moons, find out where these degrees are within your own birthchart and then make the best possible use of the strongest energy coming your way during the upcoming year.
Wish days can be used for anything, and/ if you know WHERE This is happening for you. WOW, how much more powerful that could be.
I will send you chart information on your own chart if you wish for $25.00 showing where the energies of each degree lies within your own chart.
425 776 4382